Sunday, August 17, 2008

my white coat is short

Since I became premed, and especially since I was accepted to med school, people have automatically assumed that I have advanced medical knowledge and wish to make use of my consultation right then in there in the bar by showing me their rash. Unless your rash is in the shape of an organic chemistry problem, I am less help than the bartender (who has an uncomfortably advanced understanding of modern medicine). I know nothing about medicine. My major was cognitive science, I work in a radiation oncology clinic, and I work as a personal trainer, so unless your question has to do with EEG patterns in visuo-spatial tasks, is broad and related to cancer, or is an exercise question, my knowledge is vastly limited by the fact that I HAVEN’T GONE THROUGH A SINGLE DAY OF MEDICAL SCHOOL. I KNOW NOTHING.

No comments: