Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nightmare on Elm and any other street I happen to live on

There are really only two kinds of people that truly scare me.  First, the people who can look at a car and instantly figure out what's going on, they could skin a sheep if they had to, they just sort of clap and fire appears.  These are the people who will survive when the whole world goes to shit.  They have the skills possessed by our ancestor's ancestor's buddy who could fix shit real good.  They are survivors and their superiority intimidates me.  I'm always concerned that one day they are going to take me camping, ask to borrow my phone, crush it with their steel toed boot, and then hunt me.

The other kind of person is the one who, when the linking page to our lecture material site goes down, sends out that email that is like, "Hey guys, so I guess we can't access lectures through our main encryption node, I went through the trojan door and took down the source code.  I attached a zip file with the links on it.  Just copy the link and paste it into a media player with matrix access.  Should work just fine.  Skype me if you have any problems, I'll be on the space station".  These are the people who will survive as the world goes to its current state of shit. They have the skills that my kid's kid's virtual bully will have as he creates a dragon on the mainframe to steal my grandkid's space basketball trading cards.  I'm always concerned that one day they are going to take me camping, ask to borrow my phone, turn it into some kind of giant mechanical dinosaur, and then hunt me.

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

So, what you're saying is that you are a master of the Present. It is the Past and the Future that scare you.

Meat, M.D. said...

I think it's just an irrational fear of camping.