Monday, January 18, 2010

Clippers

I rarely try to drop the med school thing when talking to strangers.  If it comes up, fine, but I'm not insecure enough to feel like I need to let everyone know what I do.  Except when buying a belt clip for my phone.

"THANKS FOR THE BELT CLIP!  THIS WILL GO GREAT ON MY SCRUBS.  THE ONES I HAVE TO WEAR IN THE HOSPITAL.  THAT ABSOLUTELY NECESSITATE A BELT CLIP BECAUSE OF A LACK OF POCKETS AND NOT BECAUSE I'M ONE OF THOSE BELT CLIP GUYS!"
"Sir, can you please keep your voice down"
"SIR? SOON IT WILL BE DOCTOR.  BECAUSE PEOPLE WITH BELT CLIPS EITHER NEED TO BE DOCTORS OR NEED STOCK IN HAIR GEL!  ZINNGGG, GOTTA HATE THOSE GUYS!  AM I RIGHT? THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!   NOT ENOUGH POCKETS!"
"Yes we can all see that you need to wear scrubs.  Apparently to the store.  And have stuffed your pockets with what appears to be some bandaids, a single pen, and toilet paper.  Please leave."
"OK, BUT THEN I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE HOSPITAL.  PROBABLY FOR AN IMPORTANT PROCEDURE OR SOMETHING!  HEY HOW DO YOU PUT THIS BELT CLIP ON?  I WOULDN'T KNOW, I'VE NEVER WORN ONE BEFORE.  POCKETS!"
"Stop saying pockets."

No comments: