Monday, January 11, 2010

Pregnancy be crazy!

"Honey, come on, we talked about this, put it down..."
Rarely, a pregnant patient will have cravings for inedible items such as dirt or clay....
"Because it's that vase your mother brought back from her trip to New Mexico, that's why.  Now please put it down...."
As long as these substances are nontoxic...
"I know there isn't any paint on it, but...Look! I got a Frosty! Do you want a Frosty? It's swirl..."
The patient is advised to maintain adequate nutrition...
"I see that you put a prenatal vitamin at the bottom of it, but I actually don't think a fun game would be to try and eat our way down to it.  I disagree, I don't think it's like bobbing for apples..."
And encouraged to stop ingesting the inedible items...
"Quick! Look over there...Ow, you fucking bit me!"

No comments: